Corfu Artists offers a wide variety of events for everything from conferences, meetings, awards dinners and Spectacular Luxury Show performances to summer parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions. From small meetings for 10 people through up to 2000 guests. Our company is able to offer the perfect setting for every type of event.
Salary: 26000€ to 32000€ Per year – Contract: Full time – Starting date: January 14, 2019
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic manager from a Venue or Hotel background:
The role involves :
- To effectively manage a proactive, dynamic yet small team to deliver excellent event management to all client groups
- To recruit, train and manage the two operations managers as direct line reports including annual appraisals.
- To chair the weekly planning meetings with all event-related departments.
- To be responsive to any reasonable request from the Chief Executive and Director of Events.
- To deputize for the Director of Events as required.
- The preparation for and supervision of events.
- Act as the lead operations manager for high profile complex events
- The provision, as necessary, of bespoke room plans for events
- Planning and coordination of the support required for events, including setting the monthly operations rota.
- Oversee the installation of the summer events space, including theming, upgrades and maintenance of furniture.
- To safeguard the fabric and fittings.
- The assumption of overall management responsibility for events when the Executive Director is not present
- The supervision of all sub-contractors engaged by clients and working at the venue, including receipt and review of appropriate where required.
- The booking and management on site of appropriate numbers of security, cloakroom, cleaning and utility staff for events.
- The management of external caterers where necessary.
- The monitoring of the standard of work of all service contractors and reporting under performance to the Executive Director.
Health, Safety and Security
- Act as the nominated health and safety representative for the events team
- To be acquainted with all health and safety legislation affecting events
- To ensure that clients, contractors and staff comply with the Noise Protocol at all times
- Preparing risk assessments for generic and, where necessary, specific events
- The checking of the cleanliness of the facilities and the functioning of the equipment reporting deficiencies to the appropriate member of staff.
Languages: Fluent English and Greek is a must
Experience: at least 3 years experience in Event Management and in Project management.
Eligibility: Must be EU citizen or hold valid Residence permit and Working permit in Greece.
- Salary: €26,000 – €32,000 / year
- Full private insurance
- Progressive career development
- Training in London based offices.
By Applying to the position you confirm that you are eligible to work in Greece and European Union.